Monday 6 April 2015

Miracles

This week really was a week of miracles. Just small little ones but it all is building up to HUGE blessings.

So at the beginning of the week we went on exchanges, I was with someone even newer in the mission than my companion! So it was even harder than usual to teach and their investigators were asking super deep doctrinal questions but I learned a ton and situations like that really helps to boost my confidence.

When I got back from the exchanges we got right back to work, working in our area. And we had a super cool experience; So Sis. Morales an investigator that was super attached to former missionaries mid lesson stopped me from teaching and asked me if she could be baptized on the 25th and that she wanted me to baptize her. I was kind of shocked just because when we first started teaching her she would always hide from us and she said we only could teach her if we "happened to catch her" so that was just the start of the miracles!

We have been contacting a ton of part members, less actives and former investigators and it has really worked out from us! We doubled all our lessons this week and tripled the number of new investigators! We taught a sister who was super poor and lives kind of close to our house and when we were sharing about how the gospel blesses families she started crying because her husband is dead. We testified that families can be together forever, and I think she really got it.

We also went on member splits this week and I went to our super mountainous area with two young men. We actually ended up finding a sister who was baptized but never confirmed! And found a whole new family that are actually super strong baptists... They started bashing one of our recent converts and he totally stood up to them and bore his testimony! It was sweet! We also stopped by a less active part member home and the kids were begging for us to teach them so that was basically how we got in and were able to teach the whole family!

I was really expecting not a lot to get done this week because it was "Holy Week" but we ended up getting super good lessons and finding a lot of good people. But of course Sunday is always the day that determines if our investigators are progressing or not! And we were super blessed with half a family and then our investigator scheduled for the 18th! So looks like WE WILL have a baptism on the 18th!

Easter was basically a day of partying for the people here and wasn't super special. But the ward made it a pretty good day!

I've been trying to take a bunch of pics of the area because it is the most wilderness like area that I have had!

I had pork intestines this week and it wasn't too great..

Thanks for the packages! Cereal was great, and the Easter candy was even better!

Palanga ta' ka!
-Elder Warnick





No comments:

Post a Comment