Monday 14 December 2015

Patience Kuno...

First I'll teach ya'll a lesson about this language: the word KUNO is used as like "he said, or she said basically if you used kuno you're saying that someone else said it not you. So "Patience Kuno" Translates to- he said patience. I'll get back to that.

So let's see if I can remember what happened this week... For some reason I can't remember what we did. We just worked!

The Christmas Devotional was super good though. Yeah we were lame and had to wait a week for it to be here because of time change and stuff but I still loved it and couldn't help but miss Utah! haha but it's okay I got over it fast!

We had another baptism this week but it didn't go as planned. AT ALL.  As most of you know my mission has a goal of "weekly baptism" so Sister Nikka who was planned for this saturday told us it wasn't going to happen because there was a birthday and stuff and there was a Fiesta outside her house it was like the whole Shrek deal where everyone is living on his land.. everyone was gambling and cock fighting-I saw too many bloody roosters. So she wasn't going to be able to leave her house easy. We told her we would just do it Sunday morning and then she would be confirmed right after in Sacrament Meeting. But she didn't come early enough to get baptized so long story short her baptism was after church and we have to wait until next week for her confirmation! And her son was screaming and crying the whole time! (You can see it in the picture) Elder Nonato didn't have his baptism clothes because he left them in his last area so he baptized in one of those jump suits the investigators use. BUT. She got baptized and she was happy and so were we! She was golden!

We blessed another house this week! It was one of the biggest houses I have seen in this area it's like solid concrete! That's how you know if they have a good house! haha we had a ton of food and we also blessed their store. So yeah!

Alright so here's the good story.. of how I needed to learn patience.
I'm a missionary and I'm on the other side of the world. So when I found out that I had a package I was super happy. BUT it was at my District Leaders house and they weren't home. But we were in the area sooooooooooooooooo we stopped by and broke in. We actually used to live in that house so one of our keys opened their back door! BUT I didn't know that the bad lock thing was in (you know that lock that slides back and forth) anyway I may have put my shoulder into the door and popped off the pad lock.. I Fixed it haha but yeah my district leader referred me to Preach My Gospel pg 120 "Patience" haha we had a good laugh and hey I got the package! haha Patience Kuno

Other Highlights of the week:
  • Our Gay investigator told us he was gay. haha we already knew. BUT he wants to change and his baptism date is set for Christmas.
  • Our neighbor's kids came over to our yard and pooped in our weeds...
  • There is a Typhoon! But don't worry we aren't getting hit.
2 weeks left in this area. But I am excited for what is to come! Excited for Christmas and just everything! I'm feeling like this might be one of my best Christmases it's my last one here but I feel like it's going to be a memorable one.

-Elder Warnick


Elder Nonato, Sister Nikka, Sister Nikka's son, and Elder Warnick
Little kid doing his business in our yard
Picture from Elder Derecho (Mission Secretary) from when we served together


No comments:

Post a Comment