Monday 28 December 2015

Challenge Accepted

So the day finally came and I left my home in Cadiz Zone.. It was really hard and different because I had been there for so long but it was time to leave. It was a great area and I am glad I was able to spend 6 months there.

This morning I finished up packing and left the house. It was weird to walk away but I was excited to see what today had to bring. We caught a bus and made it to the mission office just in time. Everyone who was transferring was in the chapel and there was a short devotional and then they served us pizza. They did it a little bit different this time and we just had to walk up to the AP's and they told us where we were going and who we were going to be with. I'm not gonna lie Cadiz Zone was one of the most successful zones in this mission so I was feeling really good about what we had done for that zone and the mission. So I was really expecting something great again. But they told me I am going to La Carlota Zone, it's one of the smallest zones and has bad reputations. That's really the only hard part about it. Everyone has a bad attitude about the zone. No one really expects anything from it... So it's a humbling experience but I am ready for the challenge. So don't worry about me!

We had a good week though. We did a lot of fast exchanges almost everyday because everyone was getting ready for their Christmas baptism so we had to do a lot of interviews. Our Zone did great and we had over 30 baptisms in our zone just on Christmas!

Christmas was great! I loved talking to the family and we had to great baptisms! It was great to have one of my last baptisms in that area be the father of the Matulac family! There is nothing better than having a whole family baptized!

I don't really know what to think right now.. I am scared and excited! I just really hope I can do something good for this Zone! I'm willing to take advice from anyone!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! It was weird to think that was my last one here in the phillies! Time goes by fast! I'm sure this next week I will have a lot more to tell you about everything new! So right now I will just tell you everything I know! My new companion's name is Elder Ballesteros he is batch with Elder Derecho (who is now AP) haha and our area is super mountainous kono so I am excited for that because I haven't had that yet and it is actually really close to my first area just a different zone. We are actually right next to a big volcano so that's super cool!

Just waiting for these pictures to finish uploading.. it's always a lot slower here in Bacolod. We are going to stop back at the office in a little bit and then head to the mountains! ahhhhh I don't know what to expect!

I love all of you! Thank you for everything!

-Elder Warnick

Neve rmind! The picture failed to load...

No comments:

Post a Comment