Friday 12 September 2014

Here we go!

Well this is my last P-day in the MTC and I couldn't  be more ready to leave but at the same time not ready at all for the field! I'm definitely ready to get out of here but I don't feel prepared with the language! But that's the conclusion that I came to this week, that no matter how hard you work in the MTC you still can never be completely ready for the field. It's just something you have to be thrown into!
I don't even know what to say right now except that I'm super grateful for having the chance to grow up in the church. I know that there are people that the lord has prepared for me to teach, and I have a testimony that it isn't how well you can speak the language but how well you can carry the language of the spirit. 
We had another opportunity to Skype people in the philippines this week and teach them at TRC. They TALK SO FAST! I'm going to die! Well at least that is what the guy told us haha 
Yesterday we did in field training for the whole day and it was really really really boring... I think the main purpose of it is for the departing ENGLISH speaking missionaries because they don't have as much time here as we do. So it was mostly teaching them how to work with members and be ready for the field. Not too helpful for us because we will be diving into a new culture.
This next week starting Monday is going to be extremely busy and rushed, we have to pack and be ready for the Philippines by Thursday. 
My flight plans are:
*Leave Salt Lake City at 11:00am
--Sometime before we get to Tokyo we stop in Portland, Oregon--
*Arrive at Tokyo Narita, Japan at 4:55pm
*Leave Tokyo Narita, Japan at 6:40pm
*Arrive at Manila, Philippines at 10:20pm
And I heard we will be staying a few days in the Manila MTC so we will see how that goes.
I had the opportunity to give elder Ehninger a blessing last night because he was feeling sick and didn't want to be sick for the flights and it was cool because he was the one who gave me a blessing a few weeks ago.
I saw one of my best friends Elder Jayden Hales as he arrived this wednesday but sadly didn't get to host him. Weird to think by the end of the year all my best friends will be serving missions!
Sorry no pictures this week... after about the first... day there really isn't anything to take pictures of unless you see a buddy! Jayden got a pic of us together so I'll get that as soon as I can.
It's been real!
Love,
Elder Warnick

No comments:

Post a Comment