Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year

5 month mark and a new year to start fresh! Crazy how fast time flys by and to think that this time last year I was getting my papers ready to go on this mission! Not knowing where I was going to go but just excited and a little nervous to serve The Lord.
So this week was a really slow and painful week. Okay not actually painful besides the heat and rain but because of new years everyone was gone and our appointments dropped. Also my comp got sick which resulted in a whole day of STUDYING but not working.. 
We still had a BAPTISM this week and I am pretty sure that this baptism has been my favorite so far! The brother that we baptized name is super long haha like 6 names? That is a thing here they have their first name, their middle name and their last name plus either a first or middle name from both of their parents! So we just call him Brother Bong. I am not sure why but it is his nickname and it is a lot easier than his full name! He was a referral from the Buslay family because he is their Uncle. Sister Buslay's brother from Manila came all the way here to Bacolod to baptize him. It was a really cool moment to see him get baptized and bare his testimony and he has one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. I had the opportunity to confirm him yesterday at church and it was my first time ever doing that. Haha once again his name was super hard to pronounce and I was shaking so badly because it was my first confirmation! But he later told me how grateful he was for us and that I confirmed him a member of the church!
New years eve and day we had to be back in our apartment by 6:00pm because there is so many people partying and drinking and such. But we ordered Pizza hut so it was all good! 
The day that my comp was sick and I had so much time to study I studied the talk by President Eyring "Continuing Revelation" It was from this past October's General Conference so I just wanted to share my favorite parts:
Nephi was blessed with confirming revelation that his father's dream was a true communication with God. 
The Revelation of a parent has it's lasting effect in the person revelation that continues in a child.
We all know that human judgement and logical thinking will not be enough to get answers to questions that matter most in life. We need revelation from God. And we will need not just one revelation  in a time of stress, but we need a constantly renewed stream. We need not just one flash of light and comfort, but we need the continuing blessing of communication with God.
It is a really powerful talk and I suggest listening to it in President Eyring's voice because he has so much power and emotion!
I think that is it for this week! 
-Elder Warnick

No comments:

Post a Comment