Monday 13 July 2015

CHICKEN FEET!

The Philippines is the weirdest place in the whole world and I love it! I am sitting in a hot sweaty computer shop right now and all I can hear is American pop music and gunshots from the gamers here haha So the mission doesn't slow down one bit! So much has happened since last week!

This week was interesting the area has been struggling so we decided to try and work in a new area. We had never been there before and I don't think any missionaries had been there! The place was called Luna and it was fun going there and talking to new people but no one was willing to listen to us.

We had Zone Training this week which was fun because Elder Paskett was my Zone Leader and we were in the same district in the MTC so it was cool to see him give training! They slept at our house that night too because transportation to their area only goes once a day!

Transfers were this week and it was all pretty anticipated! Sagay was my longest area so I was pretty sure that I was going to get transferred. AND I was right because now I am here in Cadiz the zone next to my last one and me and my companion are the Zone Leaders! Freak! I didn't see that coming! Usually missionaries become seniors, district leaders THEN Zone leaders but I guess I just skipped being a DL. My companion is Elder Slater my tallest companion! (I have been used to short flipinos) haha I think he is about 6' 3" so two Americans again!

I don't know if there is really anything else that happened this week! It was a slow week except for the transfer! But I am way excited for this new area! It's supposedly super big!

Last week was Balut and this week I had CHICKEN FEET! It was surprisingly good again! haha I don't know if I am just weird now or these flipino delicacies are actually good! Anyway it was pretty tasty!

My ukulele isn't done yet... I checked it out and it is more of a little guitar.. I don't know if the guy really knows what a ukulele is haha But I think it will still be sweet! A member said he would hunt me down and bring it to me because I transferred!

I love the mission. It has ups and downs but man I have never learned so much about so many different things!

Thank you so much for everything! I love you!

Eat some chicken feet this week!

-Elder Warnick


No comments:

Post a Comment