Monday 6 July 2015

BALUT!

Well this week was good! It was filled with a lot of new stuff so I'll just get right to it!

Last week after we did all our P-day stuff someone told me that there was a member in the first ward that makes guitars. So I told them to take me to his house so I could ask him about Ukulele's. At first he said he wouldn't do it because nobody buys ukuleles here so it would be pretty inconvenient for him but I talked him into it and it's going to be super cheap too! Like $20! haha and it's handmade! WHOOO

The rain has not stopped or slowed down BUT it is amazing because it cools everything down and it's just so nice not to have to be out in the sun or humidity!



Crazy experience with our Pastor investigator this week. We were sharing with him about the Plan of Salvation and he always likes to dive into deep doctrine and usually he just talks about deep deep FALSE doctrine. But we are slowly getting there because after we were sharing he usually asks questions so I took my opportunity to ask questions too and I stumped him! All I asked him was where their priesthood came from. He gave us a huge story about how they received the holy ghost. I explained to them that they were different and then showed him my Priesthood line of Authority.. haha he didn't know what to say after that.

We got a NEW mission president this week so this is my 3rd! haha President Barredo, he is way awesome! I thought it would be hard to transition again to a new mission president but President and his wife have so much love for the missionaries here already! I think it's because they are from Bacolod! But when we met the new mission president we went to another zone and combined with them and my whole MTC district was there except for Elder McCracken, he's down south but it was fun to catch up with everyone! We had to get flu shots! I thought I was done with shots for two years! Also my last two companions are currently companions haha and my last area all the missionaries including me that were assigned to the Silay East ward were there so we took a picture I attached it.


I think this is the newest thing this week... I ate Balut! haha if you don't know what Balut is, you should look it up! haha and the sad thing is it wasn't gross to me! I think I would eat it again! haha but just another thing checked off my to do list while I am in the philippines!

The last thing that happened this week was we had a service project at a members house.. I am not sure exactly what the service project was supposed to be but we just started cleaning up there yard and stuff I think we were supposed to be fixing there roof but no members showed up so it was just us. Anyway we worked for about 20 minutes and it started pouring rain.. we ended up waiting inside their house because they won't go outside in the rain. We wanted to finish or go home but the member started cooking for us so we ended up waiting 5 HOURS! haha oh philippines...

Today is my 11th month on my mission! I am loving it though, it's flying by and I am just trying to make the best of every moment!

Palangga ko kamo!
-Elder Warnick

No comments:

Post a Comment