Monday 23 November 2015

Oh Joy

Such a busy week! But it was really fun and fulfilling!

We had our Zone Activity which turned out being a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I was kind of stressing on it and feeling like I couldn't have any fun because I was in charge of it and stuff but I saw that everyone was smiling and laughing so I just stopped worrying and enjoyed it! We got hooked up with a free lunch from some members who have a crab/fish business so we had a crab, shrimp, fish and squid! It was super good and we ate it all on the beach! Then we all packed into the back of a truck and went to Northland Center which is like a big hotel and we had the whole bowling alley reserved! It was a lot of fun and I learned how to bowl with a spin! That was basically the zone
On the way to go bowling
activity, hopefully we can have another one soon if our zone accomplishes our goal!

Most of the middle of the week was just a lot of work. We were finding and trying new things. Mostly trying to find what and who our focus was going to be for December/Christmas! Things are looking really good for this month and I am pretty sure I will hit 6 months in this area so I should be here for Christmas!

We had 2 exchanges this week and I stayed in the area both times! haha Everyone keeps asking me why I have been in this area for so long haha it's like they want me to leave! But the best part of the exchanges was that one of them was with the APs and guess who one of the APs is? Elder McCracken! From the MTC! So he came up to Caduha-an and we worked together and it was awesome! It was the first time that I ever got to teach any lessons with him since we were companions in Manila! We found 12 new investigators and it was a lot of fun to be with good old McCracken.

We have Zone Conference coming up this week and our topic is FAITH. This is my 2nd Zone Conference as a ZL because they are every quarter of the year which basically means that I have been here for a long time! But we are really excited for our Training and I was in charge of the catering again so it's gonna be good!

We got our water to work again this week! It took til about Friday to finally get it back! You never know how much you miss having water until you have to go pump for it out of a well!

Our Baptism was super good this week! Mary Joy wasn't as nervous as her twin so it was a lot easier! There could have been a little more support from the ward but that's okay they are still learning a lot! THE HARD PART was Sunday, it has been nearly impossible to get people confirmed in this area! Because if they are late to Sacrament they have to wait another whole week! But we stopped by and picked her up in the morning so that she would get confirmed! It's a lot of work!

I love this area and I am super excited for this next month!

Love you all!

-Elder Warnick


Mary Joy baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment