Monday 18 July 2016

It's just not normal!

The weeks just go by so fast.. Life in the mission is just so different than anything else!

We were extremely blessed this week. We were helping to prepare the two Hagupars to be baptized. Nanay still had some doubts but they both passed the interview and Tatay was 100% for it so of course Nanay wanted to follow him. And it was awesome! Elder Liad Baptized Tatay and I baptized Nanay and on the way up Nanay wouldn't stand up haha she was just floating there and I was kind of carrying her.. haha I kept telling her to stand up but she was just floating on her back so I got her to the bank of the pond and helped her out.

I realized this week though we needed to get some more stuff going because if we don't things are going to stop by the time I go home so we were really searching for some more people that could be ready by the time I leave.

I think one of the best parts about going home is you become a lot more bold with your teaching because you don't really want to hear the same old excuses. We have been teaching the Banguanga family for about a month now and they always tell us they are going to go to church. It got to the point that we almost stopped visiting them because we were so sick of the disappointment. But we decided to go again this week and all that basically was said was GO TO CHURCH. "You said you wanted to be baptized but you need to go to church first to find out if our message is true" and sunday came and they weren't there.... So that was it for me, I wasn't planning on visiting them again. And then I went into the Relief Society room and one of the Sisters was there that we had been teaching! I was shocked! And halfway through Priesthood class the dad came walking in! It was awesome! And on top of all of it even more Hagupars came to church! haha let me explain how many there are:

The Hagupar family consists of Tatay Restituto Hagupar and Maria Rita Hagupar (the 2 we just baptized) and they have 11 kids. And each of their kids has on average 7-10 kids as well. If you add up everyone, you get close to 100 people. And the best part of it all is because Tatay is now baptized, he wants every. single. one. of his kids to be a member of this church as well. Like I said last week. Whoever replaces me when I go home is SET with baptisms as long as they keep teaching the Hagupar family.

SO MANY MIRACLES!

I think it's all because I'm training. There are blessings that come from a trainee that don't happen in a regular companionship!

The week was great! I'm going to see if I can finalize the wedding papers this week for one of our candidates if not we might not have a baptism this week.. But if not this week it should be good to go for next week!

Thanks again!
-Elder Warnick

Sorry no pictures.. they wouldn't load..

No comments:

Post a Comment