Friday 29 August 2014

Halfway there!

So yes this week I passed my halfway mark and it feels like a great accomplishment, but also an eye opener of how fast time has gone by and how soon I am going to be in the Philippines! Everything is blurring together even more than ever! 
Our District had the opportunity to host the new missionaries this week and it was one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had because I was on the other side of things this time and I felt absolutely horrible taking away those missionaries from their families! It's just pretty sad for everyone!
The language is crazy sometimes it feels as if I know exactly what I am saying and that I am making a ton of progress and other times it seems as if I'm not moving anywhere. But like I have said before the GIFT OF TONGUES is real!
By Thursday my district will be the oldest missionaries here in our branch we are getting about 30 new missionaries for our branch this Wednesday.
We have had the opportunity to teach lots of new investigators and do a lot of TRC (which is when we go over to a different building and teach volunteer BYU students and they pretend to be investigators. It's kind of intimidating but sometimes the students are even more nervous than we are!
So lately now that I've gotten so sick of the food I've just stuck to simple stuff like oatmeal, bagels, fruits and veggies, wraps, salads, sandwiches, and soups it makes me feel so much better and I stopped gaining weight! ;) I think 10 extra lbs is enough for the Philippines right?
I've seen a lot of friends come and go because they were going state side so they were in and out in 12 days!
Seeing my cousin Dallin really makes me happy I got a few pictures with him and he lives in the residence building across from mine!
Things that I learned this week was how strong prayer is and how it can help you with anything you are dealing with! 
I don't have much time like usual so I have to go now.
Love, 
Elder Warnick

No comments:

Post a Comment