Monday 25 May 2015

You really got Skinnied

So I wasn't sick this week which was good because being sick is miserable enough even if you're not on a mission! So we had Zone Conference this week and I was able to see a lot of missionaries that I hadn't seen for a while and we were trained on being self-reliant and working with members we also had to do ANOTHER musical number so I have no idea who's idea that was but they keep picking us! haha But the Zone Conference was awesome and I am way sad that President Ferrin is going home.. we all knew he was only temporary for 6 months but those 6 months flew by and he did awesome. So my new Mission President will be getting here in June pretty sure most missionaries don't have 3 mission presidents on their missions! haha

So we had a way interesting meeting this week with a Pastor.. he was a referral because he talked with some missionaries last week at a restaurant and happened to live in our area. Long story short the lesson was boss and he was like fluent in English so we could really expound and explain even though it was super hard for me to teach in English! So I guess it's going to be a regular thing every Thursday so we will see how that goes!

We just had a lot of solid teaching this week and tons of members able to work with us so it was like a missionary's dream!

There are mangoes everywhere and we end up eating like 3 a day each and I never thought I would get sick of mangoes but I guess it's a thing.

So besides the fact that I was sick last week I'm losing so much weight in this area! WE WALK SO MUCH! I don't know how much I weigh but every member that sees me always says "Nagniwong ka gid!" which directly translates to you really got skinnied. So somehow I'm going to start gaining some weight! :/

MARK CAME TO CHURCH! That was like the highlight of the week! He has always been way shy to come to church even though he reads like crazy and has a huge desire to be baptized. Anyway we told him we were going to stop by in the morning and go with him to church but when we stopped by he was already to go and got on his motorcycle and met us there! It was sweet!

We also baptized the last Pelarios kid Rodel and he got confirmed yesterday.. we have really been pressing with their parents and his mom finally came to church and when we stopped by their house the dad promised he would this Sunday so good things are happening!

The weather is super weird lately there will be lighting storms every night and it will randomly be pouring rain but then it will be a crazy hot day? "It's more fun in the Philippines"

That's it for another week on the other side of the world!
-Elder Warnick



No comments:

Post a Comment