Monday 29 June 2015

Floods, parades and santos!

Things are pretty awesome here in the Phillies! Hard and hot but still awesome!

We have always had problems with members working with us in this area even ward missionaries and leaders always say that they are busy!  But our ward mission leader worked with us everyday this week and it was super FUN! I had a lot of fun this week I kind of dug myself out of whatever rut I was in and we got a lot of work done!

We kept working in our crazy area where we had to cross the river and this week because it rained so much it was completely flooded! We couldn't even see the rocks needed to cross so long story short I ended up falling in! haha the water was way muddy but it still felt good to cool off!

It's still raining so crazy everyday just pouring and pouring but we still will be out in the middle of it! People give us the weirdest looks as they see us trudging through the puddles and downpours but a long time ago I realized that no matter what people are going to stare at me because I am tall, skinny and white! haha

The members (most of them) have been really awesome lately and I don't know if it is because I have been here a while or what but a lot of them have had us over for dinner and snacks and stuff while working!

I finally got to see Meet the Mormons! I know it has been out for a while but we never got to see it until Saturday night our ward was having an activity and we all went to the church and got to watch it! It was awesome! But I am sure you all know that!

I bought a airsoft gun this week! :) hahaha let's just say the neighborhood is a lot more quite lately because the dogs are definitely scared of me now! haha

So one last experience to show just how weird the philippines is and the catholic church here as well.. so we came back from working one day and we were with our WML Jankit and we were going to go to Angels (it's like a popular burger place here) anyway as we tried to cross the street we saw all these people holding torches and dancing and stuff I though they were like some mob but then I realized they were holding those weird catholic statues they are called santos here anyway they were all chanting and stuff and it was just one of the weirdest things I have experienced here.. Weird Catholic parades.

That was my week! Love you all!
-Elder Warnick

Crossing the River


No comments:

Post a Comment