Monday 3 August 2015

Happiness is what you make it

I am tired. But that is just missionary life! This week hit us hard though..

Kind of realized barely how fast the time has gone by. I remember getting ready for my mission and how excited I was and then entering the MTC and learning how missionary work WORKS. Now that I have been out a year I realized things aren't the same but that's not necessarily bad it's just different and I want to keep giving it my all because this is only a short amount of time.

So some of the elders needed us to do interviews for them this week so we switched companions Tuesday night so that me and Elder Ehninger could work in his area and get the interviews done the next day. They have to leave at 7 in the morning to get to the area so it was a whole day thing! But his area was fun! Super mountainous and the members were really cool! And I did my first 3 interviews! It was good to catch up with my buddy Ehninger.

The rest of the week was really just like sprinting the whole time! We were trying to get our investigator prepped for his baptism on Saturday and planning for our Zone Conference. A lot of late nights for sure. 

Elder Slater had been telling me that there were these two old ladies in our area that can't walk and they are sisters, he said they know everything! haha You can ask them for advice about anything and you will get the "perfect answer" the hard thing is he only went to their house once and it was on his first week in our area and he doesn't know their names! So literally impossible to find them! BUT he said he knew they were down some alley way-well we took the first alley we saw and this little boy walked up to us and asked us if we wanted to talk to his nanny we said sure and it ended up being them! I wasn't able to get a picture of them but they were the sweetest old ladies in the world!

Speaking of old ladies when I was with Elder Ehninger we stopped by a house with 2 old ladies too and they were trying to speak to us in english. Elder Ehninger shared 2 Nephi 5:27 and his question was "What is happiness?" and one of the nanays responses was "Happiness is what you make it" It was funny to hear her say that in broken english but I thought it was a good response.

Sad news with our baptism though.. it never ended up happening.. We thought he was so prepared and we had already had him interviewed the week before but 5 minutes before our baptism our bishop pulled us into his office and said that earlier in the week he saw our investigator smoking... so it of course didn't happen. But he still really wants to be baptized so we extended his date and we are going to really help him this week.

We have our Zone Conference this week. I think we are pretty much ready! Wish us luck!

I ripped through my rubber shoes this week! Those puppies lasted since January!

So I want to go into more detail of "The filipino experience" Sunday morning while getting ready our power was out. It just went of randomly, I should really send you all a picture of what the power lines look like here! Just a pole with lines everywhere! So we went to church with no power as well hot and sweaty but it was still a good fast sunday. When we came back home still no power, it's just a regular thing here! Long story short when you can't turn on your electric fan or use the motor to fill up your water tank from the well you really realize what you are grateful for!

Hope all your electric fans stay on through the night!
-Elder Warnick

People gathering things to eat off the beach

The beach

View outside my apartment

Getting a selfie on the night bus with Elder Slater - escaped the rain

River was flooded this week

Riding the Cires bus - no room for a white boy

No comments:

Post a Comment